American Medical Software-EMR v23 Receives 2011/2012 ONC Certification and 2011/2012 CCHIT Ambulatory EHR + Child Health Certification
American Medical Software-EMR v23 is 2011/2012 compliant and was certified as a Complete EHR on December 15, 2010 by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-ATCB, in accordance with the applicable Eligible Provider certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The 2011/2012 criteria support the Stage 1 meaningful use measures required to qualify eligible providers for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
On January 18, 2011, American Medical Software-EMR v23 was further certified for Ambulatory EHR + Child Health for 2011/2012 by CCHIT.
W. David Scott, President stated “We believe these certifications demonstrate American Medical Software’s commitment to our clients that we will continue to develop and maintain our software products to remain on the leading edge of technology and support all regulatory requirements in a timely fashion, just as we have for the last 26 years!”
What does this mean to you?
Our ONC-ATCB Certified EMR offers you the necessary functionality to qualify for “Meaningful Use” in 2012 in addition to providing:
• Electronic prescribing with access to the patient’s medication history, formulary, and eligibility
• Better and safer medication dosing, adjusted for patient weight and other factors
• Better ability to prevent adverse reactions due to drug interactions or allergies
• Use of standard formats to exchange basic patient information for continuity of care
• Enhanced ability to view X-rays and other diagnostic images
• Better management of patient consents and authorizations
• Increased use of standard formats when receiving and storing laboratory results
American Medical Software continues to provide cutting edge, state-of-the-art solutions, not only for Electronic Medical Records, but for complete Practice Management software.